Friday, September 5, 2014

Visit to the School Library


In my opinion, today was one of the most exciting days, by far!  Today, our entire class went to the library for library orientation.  Mrs. Neal and Ms. Micheals told us about upcoming events (there is a new IMMS book club starting later in September!), showed us how to use the online library guide, and explained the different sections of the library and how to check out books.  

Mrs. Neal and Ms. Micheals make displays of current books....we are so lucky because our school library has books available that are backed up by holds at the public library!  Today, I felt like I hit the jack-pot.  I found the titles of several books that I've been on the waiting list for months at the public library.

Here's a preview of the books I'll be reading over the next couple of weeks:






As I finish them, I'll do a "book commercial" about them for the class.  Then, if anyone in our class wants to check the book out, they'll have first dibs! :)

I just started The One and Only Ivan, and I'm already hooked.  I'm looking forward to curling up with it this weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment