Today, we went to the library for a book browse. Our Librarian, Mrs. Neal, put together tables of books that were rated the Best Books of 2014. Students spent 4 minutes at each table, previewing, and looking through books. After looking at the books and chatting with each other, students made a wish-list of books to read in the future.
|Mrs. Neal demonstrates strategies to preview a book|
- "Ohhh, this sounds like a really good book!"
- "Ms. Gould, this is the author of one of the other books we read for the Asian Choice unit!"
- "Ohhhhh Chris, I think you would really like this book!"
- "Oh, Callie, have you seen this one yet?"
- "I already have three books on hold!"
- "I can't wait to read this!"
Take a look at the fun we had!