Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Book Groups!

Today, I introduced our Second Quarter Reading Unit to the students.  Students told me that they enjoyed Esperanza more when they sat down and read it in large chunks rather than spreading it across an entire quarter, so this quarter, we will plan to spend no more than three weeks on one text. For second quarter, students will be reading a book and discussing the books in book groups.  Then, students will choose one to two additional texts from a text set to read individually and make text-to-text connections.

Today in class, I introduced and talked about the books.  Then, students ranked their book preferences in order. Take a look at the initial information regarding the project.  Students will receive their book groups and their books on Friday, and I'll be sure to update with more information soon!


1 comment:

  1. I like how you listen to your students' opinions and make adjustments accordingly as you move ahead with the lesson design. I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete